Time for another one of my concoctions. Obviously I like to mess around with making foods that are in alignment with the nutrition principles I laid out (if you haven’t read it, check it out). Lately I’ve been really focusing on getting as many greens as possible. This has taken my energy levels and mental clarity to a whole new level. I am not exaggerating either. I feel like superman. Popeye was right all along about the spinach.
So for example, today I had two of these green shakes, this salad I’m showing for lunch, and I’m about to go make another salad as soon as I post this. Maybe it’s overkill, but I am loving the green stuff! Anyhow, give this salad a try. It’s super simple. Nothing revolutionary here, but I find it really delicious.
- Mixed greens: for nutrition
- 1 wild salmon burger cooked on the grill: for Omega 3 and protein (get these from Costco, I highly recommended)
- A little shredded Parmesan cheese: for taste
- Balsamic dressing: for healthy fats and taste (basically balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and some seasonings)
- Roughly a half cup of black beans: for carbs needed for the gym and protein
- Sprinkled chia seeds: for omega 3s
- Salt and pepper
Nothing crazy here. I just want to provide people some ideas. Hopefully you can make stuff that’s even better.